A lot of agony here! To make a good connection, the crossmember had to be cut close so that the new frame was a "drive fit". As in BMFH. The new frame had to fit 6 places in the original chassis x-members so any little bit off and it was hard to fit check. Must have done it 50 times. And after I had relocated it to the correct ride height, then it was reall sunk into the front x-member. So I built a section of frame as a spacer and welded it onto the frame. All of the flaps cut into the original were heated and folded back over the new frame and everything welded together. I am not as good a welder as I used to be but it is IN THERE! Note that the pix is fuzzy to keep you from seeing my p*sspoor welds.





Copyright (C) 1999 - 2004, all dates inclusive, L.E. Mayfield - All Rights Reserved